Get Help with Your Workers’ Comp Settlement in Virginia
When you’ve been injured, you know you’ll likely have to file a Workers’ Comp claim. Many people wonder what the average Workers’ Compensation settlement is, and may worry about the process they’ll have to go through. When you’re preparing for a Workers’ Comp settlement in Virginia, trust Pathfinder Injury Law. We have years of experience helping clients with their Workers’ Compensation settlements and are more than willing to answer any questions you may have on the process.
What Types of Workers’ Compensation Settlements Are There?
There are four different types of Workers’ Compensation settlements:
- FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT: The most common type of Workers’ Comp settlement, this involves the insurance company making a single large payment to cover your injuries.
- STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT This type of settlement involves receiving several payments over a specific number of years. In exchange, your employer and the insurance company aren’t liable for your claim anymore.
- LUMP-SUM SETTLEMENT WITH OPEN MEDICAL BENEFITS: With this type of settlement, the insurance company makes a single payment that covers several things, including temporary or permanent disability benefits. However, they must continue to pay for other medical care that’s used to help treat your injury.
- FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT WITH A WORKERS’ COMPENSATION MEDICARE SET ASIDE ARRANGEMENT (WCMSA) FUNDED BY THE EMPLOYER/INSURER: If you have Medicare, then you may need to take that into account when filing for Workers’ Comp—specifically, you need to make sure your Medicare funding is set aside.
What Is the Average Workers’ Compensation Settlement?
The fact of the matter is, determining the amount you’ll get for a Workers’ Comp settlement is complicated. There are plenty of factors that go into determining the amount, including:
- What were your wages like before your injury?
- Did your injuries cause permanent damage?
- How much has your insurance company currently paid for medical treatment?
- Will you need surgery?
- What kind of treatment will you need in the future?
Lots of other factors can affect how a settlement turns out, so it’s generally beneficial to work with a lawyer who can represent you effectively. At Pathfinder Injury Law, we’re here to show you the way forward. We’re compassionate, honest, and skilled at what we do. Call us today at 804-505-0633 to get a free consultation.